Saturday 17 March 2018

Hearty Spaghetti with Lentils & Marinara Sauce

Cookie and Kate
Hearty Spaghetti with Lentils & Marinara Sauce

lentils with marinara sauce and pasta recipe

Remember my new marinara sauce recipe from earlier this week? I just had to share one of my go-to quick meals to go with it. I’ve been keeping this easy combination all to myself for the past few years, and it’s about time we talk about it.

Here it is: marinara sauce and lentils. I know, it might sound weird at first. But let me tell you, marinara and lentils is a delicious combination. Perhaps you have already encountered it in my lentil baked ziti?

how to cook lentils

Marinara offers deep, umami-rich tomatoes in irresistible sauce form. Lentils offer earthy flavor and a hearty, Bolognese-like texture. I use French green or plain brown lentils, which retain their shape better than red or yellow lentils.

Just combine marinara and lentils with whole-grain pasta. Ta da! You’ve successfully lightened-up a traditionally carb-heavy pasta dish into a well-balanced, fiber-rich dinner.

Continue to the recipe...

The post Hearty Spaghetti with Lentils & Marinara Sauce appeared first on Cookie and Kate.



from Merah Hati Cintaku http://ift.tt/2FXKt0T
via merahhaticintaku.blogspot.my

No comments:

Post a Comment