Thursday 24 October 2019

13 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes

13 healthier pumpkin recipes

We carved pumpkins on the kitchen island last night. I think my pumpkin is the best; my husband claims that his is the best. Perhaps we’ll poll you for a winner (vote for the toothy grin!). Regardless, the entrance to our home is as decorated as it’s going to get.

Today, I’m rounding up thirteen of my pumpkin recipes, from muffins and scones to soup and pasta. These recipes are made with whole grains when applicable, and naturally sweetened when possible. By labeling them “healthy,” I mean healthier than something you might find at Starbucks.

All but two of these recipes (the soup and pasta) make use of canned pumpkin. I’ve tried making my own pumpkin purée and you’re welcome to do so, but canned pumpkin generally offers more reliable texture and flavor. I only go to the trouble of roasting my own for savory recipes, like the soup shown above.

I have another pumpkin recipe coming to you soon. For more October recipe inspiration, check out my October produce guide.

pumpkin spice blend recipe

1) Pumpkin Spice Blend

Gluten free and vegan

My go-to pumpkin spice blend is made with ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice or cloves. Mix some up and start baking!

Continue to the recipe...

The post 13 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes appeared first on Cookie and Kate.



* This article was originally published here

from Merah Hati Cintaku https://ift.tt/341r9YR
via merahhaticintaku.blogspot.my

No comments:

Post a Comment